A great product to start if this is your first homemade skincare product you are trying! All it takes is a minute or two to mix base oils and essential oils of your choice. And you will be surprised how effectively it can remove dirts and toxins along with make-up including mascara and eyeliner without removing the skin’s natural sebum! Even if you are not fully converted to homemade skincare, and using some commercial products, it will pay off in a long-term to continue with purely natural make-up remover as this.
Ingredients (60 ml)
Gentle Chamomile Make-Up Remover
Soothing chamomile and grapeseed oils make this cleanser gentle and suitable for sensitive or irritated skin.
- 50 ml Grapeseed oil (Balancing and light in texture)
- 10 ml Sweet almond oil (Soothing and cleansing)
- 2 drops German chamomile essential oil
Rejuvenating Neroli Make-Up Remover
This is suitable for dry and sensitive skin.
- 50 ml Sweet almond oil (Soothing and cleansing)
- 10 ml Avocado oil (Nourishing and non-greasy)
- 5 drops Neroli essential oil
Balancing Geranium Make-Up Remover
This is helpful for acne or ageing skin; suitable for night use only.
- 30 ml Grapeseed oil (Balancing and light in texture)
- 20 ml Avocado oil (Nourishing and non-greasy)
- 5 drops Geranium essential oil
- Mix vegetable oils in a glass bowl and gently stir.
- Add your choice of essential oils.
- Keep in a coloured glass bottle in dark place.
How to Use
Apply the oil to damp cotton, then dab around the eyes and lips, allowing make-up to completely dissolve before wiping. Use a small amount for entire face as necessary. Wash with warm water and follow with a castile face wash (I will be sharing the recipes in coming weeks) of your choice.